Downhole Drilling Dynamics Analysis Tool.
Poor ROP, severe bit wear, down hole tool failures?
Need a tool to explore problems and inefficiencies?
Want to monitor and optimize your drilling activities?
The I-SUB (Instrumented Sub) is a memory tool that precisely records key downhole drilling parameters at a high sampling rate to help understand and evaluate the dynamic response of the drilling system.
Thanks to its short length (≤1.5'), the I-SUB can be mounted right above the bit with minimal disturbance on directional behaviour. For more comprehensive dynamic measurements, additional I-SUBs can be located further up the same Bottom Hole Assembly.
- Evaluate and compare BHA configurations, components and use as a benchmark for future development and trials.
- Measure and analyse key downhole drilling parameters, vibrations and power transmission.
- Measure actual power delivered at the bit.
- Assess real world motor or other downhole tool performance (power output, steering efficiency, vibration dampening, ...).
- Produce valuable data for modelling (torque and drag, vibrations, buckling).
- Help define best practices.
- Profile bit performance and wear.
- Records continuously at rates of: 10, 20, 50, or 100Hz.
- Up to 360 hours of recording (at 20 Hz).
- Total acceleration field:
- AccX, AccY, AccZ (bit bounce, whirl, ...)
- Rotational (RPM, slip-stick, ...)
- Total forces and stress field:
- WOB (axial)
- TOB (Torsional)
- Bending (Steering side force/Buckling)
- Programmable triggers.
- Basic logs, custom reporting and analysis.
- Temperature: up to 150C (300F) continuous operations.
- Pressure rated to 15,000 & 20,000 psi (depending on tool size).
- Ultra compact (L<1.5' made up in BHA).