Micro, Positive Mud Pulse MWD system.
Need a cost effective directional MWD system?
Want an operationally simple system for non MWD personnel?
Want a system that delivers automatic surveys or lets you choose what to survey and when?
MicroNova is an extremely compact, energy efficient, full directional MWD tool system with low total cost of ownership. Once configured it is so operationally simple that even non MWD personnel can be trained to use it.
Thanks to the tool strings modular configuration and short length (7' 5" assembled, 5' 5" dismantled for transportation), the MicroNova tool is easy to transport, use, service, and upgrade. The tool is also downhole programmable allowing the ability to change into different static and dynamic combinations of surveys including Toolface, Inclination, and Azimuth.
Applications - with optimal battery life settings
- Vertical Drilling - setting Inclination only with no dynamics.
- Directional Drilling - setting Inclination, Azimuth, Toolfaces.
- Orientation - setting Toolfaces only.
- Horizontal re-entry and slim hole drilling - setting Inclination only and later Azimuth to return to full Directional Drilling.
- Compact, energy efficient positive pulser with fast updates.
- Single tool string for all drill collar sizes, including slim hole.
- Small single battery, run time typically 3-7 days (sensor and configuration dependant).
- Very short tool string, only 7' 5" including all sensors and battery, all retrievable through 2" restriction.
- Modular construction allows for easy field upgrade, servicing, repair and spare parts planning.
- Optional Gamma Ray, vibration and memory upgrade.
- Automatic static surveys at every connection and dynamic Tool faces.
- Downhole programmable into 4 configurable survey modes.
- Low total cost of ownership.
- Simple, portable surface system running Maxwell windows based software on a laptop and zone 1 rig floor display.